Summary of message from 13 August 2023
Speaker: Pastor Somkiat
Beginning of the greatest love
2 Kings 18:1-3, 5-6
The analogy of a pair of twins growing up together but their lifestyles differing.
One is a successful manager Church going and loves God.
Another is a drunk and jobless.
When asked by the reporter the drunk person says he is born in the home that has parents who are separated.
The successful one says being born in a home that is not peaceful makes him want to improve his life to avoid that.
Sometimes we blame our surroundings but it is not related, it is actually related to the life that we choose to have.
The characteristics of King Hezekiah
1) at a young age he was only 25 years old.
2 Kings 18:2
2) his father was not a good example.
Ahaz was evil.
3) the social circle during that time did much wrong and evil
4) he learned from outside sources.
5) he was in bad health and was dying once but saved by God 2 Kings 32:24
-he goes out to do as much as he can
-he did his best in wherever he is.
-he did what was right in God`s eye example smashed down idols
-he revived the teachings of God
-he brings advancement by building and developing the city.
How did Hezekiah succeed
1) he does what`s right in God`s eyes. What God wants. He listens to what Jesus likes, like Mary.
2) he listens to his mother as his mother follows God.
3) he follows the steps of David. Use David as an example.
4) he follows the laws of the word.
5) he listens to the people who serve God
Isaiah 37:2, 6-7